helena montana

supercrossbmx69

i recently moved to helena MT a few months ago and ive been looking for a place to shoot past 1000 yards but havent had much luck, ive only found a few spots up to 800 yards in the national forrest, im looking for a place around helena preferably in the national forrest away from houses because you can hear my muzzle break from miles away. thanks

Howdy Neighbor, This is not close but it is not far either. Anyway we have steel at 100 ~ 500 meters and also at 1000 yards on the Indian creek range. The Range is part of Boadwater County Rod and Gun club in Townsend. With your membership you will get a key to the range. The range is open to use all the time unless there is a conflicting event going on there. The 100 and 200 have full access but we restrict to only shooting the steel at 300 to 1000 unless a range officer is there to secure the firing line. This is done so a new shooter willl not show up and send one down while you are checking targets at the longer distances. The terrain is such that a person down range may not be seen. There is a large list of RO's and it is not hard to get one to come out to secure the line with you if needed. I am one of them and will also be hosting some long range shoots again this summer. Let me know if you are interested and I will give you details to join up. Its like $40 ~$45 for a family / year membership. Also if you want, I would meet and show you around so you can see what all the club has to offer.

Jeff gun)gun)

Broz, Back when we had a 1000 yrd,at Whitefish. You could shoot it on one certain day of the week, and on other days it had a common road, with a gate that directed you to back range, If gate was open, it closed access to main shorter range. It worked well.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.