Heavy Rifle Sling - finally found a dandy

Ian M

Check out this sling from Texas Hunt Co.

http://www.texashuntco.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=C40000-1139413935

I got a couple, they are excellent. I broke a Vero Velini stretchy sling on a ROCK rifle, ain't no chance this new sling is going to let go.

By the way, Texas Hunt Co sells fantastic stuff, I really like the wallet I bought from them, looks big but fits a pocket great. Check out their tote bags, simply the best. They are affiliated with www.specops.com, guys like Dave King would enjoy Spec Ops stuff a lot. You better get yourself some Dave, it is the real deal.

Hey Ian-- like the snap they put into it-- i've been adding that to my slings for quite some time now-- great for spot and stalk, and holding the rig nice and tight to the body.

Ian:

It does look like a dandy.

Not sure it'd work with my rifle, though.

First of all, it doesn't have sling swivels.

Secondly, the stock is a typical Heavy Bench/Long-Range-Hunting design--slab-sided, with a wide fore-end, for riding on the bags.

I'm not sure that I'd want something like that pounding me on the back while I was walking to the firing range, or on a stalk (with a portable rest), or whatever--especially because it weighs right at 40 pounds with optics in its current configuration.

--JKO

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.