heavy gun rest

Brian, thanks for the info. I am looking at the Caldwell BR 1000 YRD model. It is designed for guns like mine and the MOAG. It has a 5" forend and is set up for the 50 BMG. It has the adjustable windage and elevation system. It looks similar to my sinclare model, however, it is much heavier (25lbs). As I mentioned before, my rifle will have a muzzel break and will weigh 65lbs, so I am not real concerned about recoil. I would like to have a rest like a MOAG. There is diffently a market for a rest like that. If your serious about building these types of rests, I would be willing to start a company or help get one started with you, I am not kidding!!!!! I know it would take off!!! If you could remember how to build one like the MOAG again, I will send you a check tomorow. Let me know Brian and have a good one. I would love to go shooting with you and goodgrouper some day. I live in California, however, I would love to go on a chuck hunt with you guys.

bigbore,
Just wondering here, but it seems to me that if you use the caldwell br instead of the front rest on the sled that you will get a whack on the bottom of your forearm by the front post( that is minus its rest)when you shoot it, especially without any weight on the sled.
Perhaps if the br rest could be incorporated with the sled in some way ?
Jim

I've shot it both ways. Kirby's guns don't kick enough I guess.
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> Perhaps if the br rest could be incorporated with the sled in some way ? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I'd really like to do.

wildcat ,
I think you have a good idea, there is a market for such a rest for idiots such as us (no offence).
let me refine the design just a bit and we will talk more.
B

Brian, let me know if you decide to build a "MOAG" rest. I will need one for my rig. I will wait to hear back from you, before I continue looking for one. I have time, my rifle will not be completed until March 06. Thanks, Wildcat

Uncle BrianB
If you could use some of the cheap Caldwell components the chinese make you might be able to reduce costs. I think the Caldwell stuff is really good for the price. The machine work is very poor, but the price is low.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.