Heavy Duty Recoil Lug

dwm

How about some recommendations on a heavy-duty recoil lug for the 7mm RUM.

Manufacturers name, where to buy it, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

Several available from Brownells, Badger is one that comes to mind since I have them on my rifles. Seems to be two styles, one that is a simple washer like the original but is about 2+ times thicker and a similar looking lug that is actually pinned in place. Held to the face of the receiver by pins that go thru it into the receiver face. There is a special jig to hold the first style in position as the barrel is screwed back on, not needed for the second style as it is pinned in place.
Believe that S1 makes and/or installs the latter style.
The aftermarket lugs are much thicker and stronger than the Remington factory lug.

ditto on the strength of the factory. the first thing my gunsmith does it hand me back the original and tells me to take it home,...he doesn't need it.

He makes his own lugs, with a extruded area on both sides of the rear, which fit into 2 recesses he cuts in the action face, that acts the same as the pins in the badger type. Much thicker, and much heavier in the hand when you compare them to one another.

Tubbs also makes a good recoil lug. If you want to use a switch barrel setup you can have your gunsmith pin any of them. A pinned lug is actually good even if you don't have a switch barrel setup.

Thanks, I bought a Holland from Brownell's because it is pinned and the Rem 700 actions are drilled for the pin from the factory.

Doug

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.