Heavy Buffers in a 308 AR Build

Marine24

In to my third 308 AR but instead of having the first two built for me, I'm going to build part of it myself and then have others that specialize in these builds handle the more critical components.

The barrel, bolt and trigger have traditionally been the critical components when building an accurate AR, but hearing more and more about heavy buffers.

The buffers are more about recoil reduction than accuracy, but curious if anyone has any experience with these products such as those available from heavybuffers.com or Endine.

Any issues with reliability/feeding?

$100+ seems a little much for a buffer but not really sure what the advantages are in using them.

If your having the upper built with a custom barrel, it may require adjusting the gas port size to cycle with a heavier buffer, or you could have the port drilled oversized a bit and use an adjustable gas block. Feeding and reliability should be unaffected once that is tuned properly.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.