heavy 204 or 223 for bench and vehicle shooting

dust

I want a heavy rifle for benched or semi-benched shooting. Want to use it for prairie dog, with the possibility of taking it on a cull hunt in Africa (hence no AR). Correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't heard of any detachable magazine or capacity rules for Africa. There are some in the US, and I don't plan on visiting those states. There is a conversion, called the Jag conversion that allows Mini-14 magazines to be used in a Remmy.

I think it would be great with high volume shooting to have 10-20-30 rounds instead of the 4-5 in the box. Not being a reloader, or planning to in the near future, it seems that the .223 would be a better choice for me. I have no plans to reach out to 1000 yards, just want a varmint/colony with a high capacity detachable magazine. Anyone see any problems with my process, or have comments on which model to look for?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.