heated ultrasonic brass cleaner

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by new shooter, Apr 21, 2010.

1. new shooter

new shooter Well-Known Member

Where can i get a ultrasonic brass cleaner that will hold 100-338 brass at one time ? Can i stack brass om each orther or will it not clean as good ? thanks for info. joe

2. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

Hornady is putting one out now, harbor freight sells two I think and ebay has a bunch.
    Heat is a must. The amount of power they put out varies greatly. Mine is a really old
    dental office piece and I can only do about 15 cases at a time. You have to kind of tune
    the load to the machine.

3. new shooter

new shooter Well-Known Member

Tune the loads what do you?

4. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

You tune the load to the machine based on how much water is in the tank, how
    much solution in your cleaning jar and how many shells of what calibre you put in.
    Brass really absorbs ultrasonic energy so to many shells will really slow down the
    cleaning action. It's not hard to do , You just watch the tank water which you want
    fairly still and the cleaning jar solution should be pretty active. Pulling cases or
    adding more tank water is how you usually tune it. Once you know the count it's
    easy, if it isn't acting right it probably is getting low on tank water, it does evaporate.