Heart beats bouncing scope How to stop?

I have a good breathing routine. But my heart thumping causes my scope to bounce. Does anyone have any suggestions?
On top of the other good advice in this thread "timing your squeeze" such that you fire between heartbeats can be practiced and learned. I have had blood pressure that looks more like tire pressure for a very long time so this is something I deal with constantly.

We had a reall good thread going here a few months back on "Trigger Timing, training, practice..".

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/trigger-timing-training-practice-80572/

I'd bet you can find some useful info there too.

I've done more than most to mitigate the heart beat problem.

Did some serious LR shooting today and heart beat wasn't a problem.

Here's what worked for me:D

Speen removal
gall bladder removal
Chunk removed from kidney. (They screw'd up. Took it from the right kidney which minimized making more room for the heart.
Plus I dropped from 230# to 195.

Hey ya gotta do whatcha gotta do!:)

I've done more than most to mitigate the heart beat problem.

Did some serious LR shooting today and heart beat wasn't a problem.

Here's what worked for me:D

Speen removal
gall bladder removal
Chunk removed from kidney. (They screw'd up. Took it from the right kidney which minimized making more room for the heart.
Plus I dropped from 230# to 195.

Hey ya gotta do whatcha gotta do!:)
I had a 6'2" 240lbs tumor removed... .

Her name was Tracy.

Lowered my BP by 25 points and dind't hurt near as much as yours!

I have a good breathing routine. But my heart thumping causes my scope to bounce. Does anyone have any suggestions?
You need to insulate your heart beat from your rifle. Padding is the easiest way to muffle the beat. Try this. Set up and make contact with your rifle. Disengage your cheek, then try your shoulder. Hands, etc. Keep going until you find the source. Add padding there.

Few road beers on the way to range! If that aint enough keep a cooler in the back of the truck. If you stop at gas station and get you one of the big fountain drink cups and straw, a beer can fits great inside. Open the beer put can and all in cup and put lid on the cup and straw in the can=covert buzz.

Depends on your shooting positions, but here are a few things we always did in rifle comp; small bore, HP, 1,000 and BR:
As stated by others, avoid caffeine or strenuous exercise prior, use plenty of insulating material between your body contact points and the rifle (heavy padded gloves, mitts, shooting jacket, insulated shirt, sweat shirt, etc). If on the BR, a shoulder padded shooting jacket/shirt with one hand on the bag to squeeze/release to raise/lower crosshairs and no hand on the palm swell- use your thumb behind the trigger guard and lightly pinch the trigger with your shooting finger until it fires. Keep the shoulder-to-stock pressure as close to the same for all shots, and only lightly touch your cheek to the stock. During BR, many of us never touch our cheek to the stock.

During prone shooting without bipod or other assist, we used the rifle sling looped around the upper arm and near wrist area to restrict blood flow along with a heavy shooting mitt. Be careful with extended prone shooting with blood restrictions via sling or loops, as over time one can create possible nerve damage.

As others have stated, you can practice and learn to break the trigger between heart beats, for this is a common practice amongst comp shooters.

I have generally not had this problem except when I am expending excess energy right before the shot, like hustling up a hill to get in position. I have found that taking several deep breaths, and keeping my chest off the ground when shooting prone greatly reduces/eliminates heartbeat effects in the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.