Headed to Laurel MT

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by Capt. D, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Capt. D

Capt. D Well-Known Member

I will be headed to Laurel MT for a job starting April 15. We will be working 6/10's and will have sundays off. Would like to take a whack at a few dogs while I'm there. I see that no hunting license is required to hunt predators in MT. Any info on the area, tips, or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

2. window licker

window licker Well-Known Member

I am done hunting coyotes for the year, but have prairie dogs and a private range with steel out to 2k contact me via pm if interested. I live south of billings and work in laurel.

3. Capt. D

will certainly do just that. should be arriving around 13 Apr. Will give a shout.

4. 429421Cowboy

429421Cowboy Well-Known Member

Have hunted Block Managment in the Broadview area which is just a ways out of Billings, shouldn't be hard for you to get there from Laurel. I would suggest contacting the local FWP office, they will be happy to give you state lands and Block Managment maps for the area, depending in how far you want to go there is plenty of land to shoot coyotes as well as prairie dogs if you bring plenty of ammo!
    Good luck.

5. Capt. D

Thanks. Will keep that in mind.