Hawkins m5 dbm

Joefrazell

I have a bighorn origin long action and am looking at getting the hakins m5 dbm. I noticed that there's a cip length. Newbie question. Is the cip length for a lapua action only? Thanks

I have a bighorn origin long action and am looking at getting the hakins m5 dbm. I noticed that there's a cip length. Newbie question. Is the cip length for a lapua action only? Thanks
This info was published by Zermatt back in 19 when the origin long action was announced. Sounds like cip dbm will work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210406-215554_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210406-215554_Chrome.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 85
The CIP length mags can be had in either Lapua or standard mag configurations depending on the cartridge you plan on using.

I'm wanting a switch barrel setup. 300 win mag and 6.5 prc

So is a stock cut the same for a m5 bottom metal regardless if it's cip length or not?

I have the same set up built on a Mausingfield action, in your case I would do standard LA bottom metal rather than the CIP. I had issues trying to get the PRC to feed from a long action 5 round mag, if you have issues LRI has a spacer block that helps prevent the rounds dipping in the mag.

The stock cut should be the same I believe the mag well is just thicker on the bottom metal for the standard size.

I have the same set up built on a Mausingfield action, in your case I would do standard LA bottom metal rather than the CIP. I had issues trying to get the PRC to feed from a long action 5 round mag, if you have issues LRI has a spacer block that helps prevent the rounds dipping in the mag.

The stock cut should be the same I believe the mag well is just thicker on the bottom metal for the standard size.
I just got off the phone with Ag and they confirmed that yes the cut is the same in both the cip and standard. My concern is for the win mag as I want enough room to run long bullets

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts