Having trouble finding a rail for a browning abolt target rifle

bigal1964

I purchased an EGW and it is close to fitting but doesn't. the holes in the front will bolt up but the rear holes are off about .010. if I try to bolt the rear first the front doesn't line up. the spacing between the front holes is good and the spacing between the rear holes are good. actually if I cut the rail in two it would bolt on w no problem, but I don't want a 2 piece rail. I noticed that the spec on different mfg are slightly different. anyone run into this situation before? is target abolt different than regular a bolt? im sure Ken Farrell could make a custom one but I would rather buy one already done. thx

I have an old spare rail which may work. I got it for a browning of my own years ago but it was the wrong one. It's a 20MOA rail. If you PM me the distances between all of the screws I'll check and see for you. If it'll work you can have it for the cost of shipping.

I have an old spare rail which may work. I got it for a browning of my own years ago but it was the wrong one. It's a 20MOA rail. If you PM me the distances between all of the screws I'll check and see for you. If it'll work you can have it for the cost of shipping.
thank you! the holes between the front 2 screws are .852 center to center as are the rear 2 screws. there is 3.160 between the 2 center screw centerlines. thx again!

EGW website. Picatinny//Browning// navigate from the models in the lower left(smaller caps). The models in the upper right center will take you to Savage. The ones bottom left take you to Browning. If it's a 300WSM, they don't make it.
Hope this helps.

Rhett

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.