Having an issue with stainless media tumbling

I don't size till they are clean. If I sized and it went away I would care. I F/L size after cleaning and mandrel size and naw man it's definelty still there. Maybe not as prevalent but I can still see it at right angle.
Can you or someone send an up close photo of the mouth of the case compared to one not tumbled. Does the case still grip the bullet?

So was talking with another member on here that seen same problem as I am having. Basically I will put deprimed brass in my tumbler and run a cycle of an hour to an hour 1/2 depending on condition of brass. I specifically checked this batch of brass prior to tumbling. Once I got the brass out and dried and examined again a large majority of the case mouths have a very small flare. It is very very hard to see as you have to hold the case in the light and just find the right angle. I am wondering if perhaps my tumbler is to big for just 100 pcs of small brass, or maybe to much media? I have no idea but something in the tumbling process is causing this. Has anyone seen this before running SS media? I tried to get a pic but I cant get it to show up. Any help would be appreciated, I am about to swap back to old school vibratory if I cant figure it out.
I have not seen that but I am cleaning larger brass - maybe the neck brass is thicker.

Attachments

• IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    840.9 KB · Views: 37
why u's guy's feal the need for shiny brass is the best thing since sliced bread is boggling . yes i have done it mostly with range brass . but then if it dont come out all shiny (gasp)the world is ending ! i do tumble after salt annealing and resizing to remove lube and water . i tumble with rice

why u's guy's feal the need for shiny brass is the best thing since sliced bread is boggling . yes i have done it mostly with range brass . but then if it dont come out all shiny (gasp)the world is ending ! i do tumble after salt annealing and resizing to remove lube and water . i tumble with rice
I've been intrigued by the rice method.

Ive noticed a neck flare on brass that has been resized in fl dies without an expander ball. They often come out with a significant flare on the mouth. Ive seen this after using a bushing die also. Some went away after an expander mandrel. I just attributed it to some sort of spring back after a heavy resize. I never thought to check for peening but I only tumble for 45 min to and hr. Ill be paying more attention to this in the future

There's lots of reasons for lots of things. I reset brass every so often with a good SS scrubbing. Doesn't mean I do it every time - depending on the rifle I'll clean with every method from SS to corn cob to 3M pads to a rag and even all the way to just spraying them with lube and running them into the die.