Has anyone used the XLR reticule?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by angus-5024, Mar 22, 2013.

1. angus-5024

angus-5024 Well-Known Member

I was in the sports store today and came across the Vortex Viper HS 4-16X50 with the XLR reticile. I was impressed with the reticile to say the least. Rather than the center dot being a little big (.15MOA) i think that it is about as good as a reticule can get.
    That being said, has anybody used it (I know that a few have, so please chime in)?
    I love the reticile, but would want it in the PST line, as well as a sfp option maybe. I really think that if Vortex were to use this in the PST's it would relly blow all the competitors (in the same price range) out of the water.

[​IMG]

2. kcebcj

kcebcj Well-Known Member

I really like the Viper HS LR line of scopes. Half MOA elevation adjustments and a capped windage. Perfect hunting scope for use horseback not having that windage knob sticking out to the side a inch. When first looking at the XLR reticle I thought it was way too busy but it has kinda grown on me and the Viper HS LR with the XLR reticle is my next scope this summer.

I would also be interested in hearing any first hand opinions on this reticle

3. angus-5024

....bump.....

4. angus-5024

maybe i'll have to be the one that tries it and posts a review.:D

5. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

i have the 6-24 on a custom 6.5 creedmoor only have about 30 rounds through it so far but i like every thing about it. I like the open center and dot as on 24 power it does not seem to cover up what you are shooting at. The eye box is a little tight all the way on the 24 but nothing that is not usable. If it is nice out this weekend hope to take it out and do a full tracking test and shoot to 800 and if time allows wack some pdogs.