Has anyone used matrix bullets?

If you are interested in these you might want to have a look on canadiangnunutz.com, might be a bit more info since it is a canadian site.

Thanks. I will check that out.

Although I am sure someone on this board has some practical experience with these bullets.

Steve,

When did this outfit come about? First I've heard of them.

From what I saw on their web site, the sample targets didn't look to good.

The bullet pic with the core shedding out of the jacket wasn't too impressive for a "bonded" bullet.

Neither did they have a heavy 270 bullet.:rolleyes:

Never having shot them, and probably won't as they don't have the type I need, we'll have to wait until someone else chimes in.

Roy, Marshall sent me some 165 .277 last week I have loaded up
15 rds with retumbo 69.5, 70 , & 70.5 all seated exactly as my 169.5 wildcats just touching the lands. I was going to shoot today but it's so darn cold here today I decided to see if it might be a tad bit warmer next saturday . these 165's I believe are a match grade non bonded and look to be vary similar to the Berger 150 VLD but a longer bullet 13 caliber ogive I believe you would have to check with Marshall for sure. THey are not the ULD RBBT but a boat tail VLD, it is only about .005 different in total lenth than the last single 169.5 origanal Richerd Graves bullet I have left. Matrix is actually a little longer.
Matrix 165 1.431
wildcat 169.5 1.426 they will vary ofcoarse due to the meplat
the Matrix has a smaller bearing surface, they will be over .700 bc I'm positive.
I do have a friend who is a wildlife office and have already contacted him as to using my gun & the Matrix bullet for some deer control if the oppertunity arises
I to am interestd to see how they perform on game I will let you all know hopefully next Saturday.

Roundss I noticed you had a combined technoligy in there . Not to cut there bullet but my experience with combined technoligy wasn't to impressive, mabey I wasn't going fast enough but they didn't expand on a mountian goat I shoot a few years ago. Killed it eventually but I think I could have killed it quicker anD more humane with my bow. How has your experience been with them?

I know im not the one you asked but I did shoot 180gr. combined tech's out of a 300rum with excellent results on elk, deer, and black bears.

r.
Matrix 165 1.431
wildcat 169.5 1.426 they will vary of coarse due to the meplat
the Matrix has a smaller bearing surface, they will be over .700 bc I'm positive.

Thanks for the info. I don't think the web page fully described all of their bullets.

I'm getting several reports that they are similar to bergers in appearance.

I as usual jumped to a conclusion a bit prematurely.:rolleyes:

The shorter bearing surface is good news!

Marshall said the 165 will be available soon with 175 close behind

Screech the combined I used were 165's out of an 06 I think maybe they were to slow for there best performance . but one of my good friends put 8 of them in a Nevada bull elk (currently #2 typical) before it went down only recovered one that went from *** end to front shoulder still not much expantion. but these were the older failsafe he was using a 300 win mag.

Theres a combined technology ballistic tip and the failsafes. I never heard much good things on the failsafes but the ballisitic tip is basically a btip coated in I think lubalox.

I only used the ballistic tip and they blew big holes.

Theres a combined technology ballistic tip and the failsafes. I never heard much good things on the failsafes but the ballisitic tip is basically a btip coated in I think lubalox.

I only used the ballistic tip and they blew big holes.

Are they Matrix bullets? All I saw on their site was rebated-boattails, flat-base hunting bullets and VLDs.

Are they Matrix bullets? All I saw on their site was rebated-boattails, flat-base hunting bullets and VLDs.

The Combined means two companys in on the bullet I think Nosler & Winchester. I used the failsafe on my mt goat I will never use them again.
I'm not sure the failsafes are even still in production. But the tiped bullets some are saying are a good bullet. If they are built like a bullistic tip, I would think they are a good bullet, If just using the lubelox coating is the difference?

Matrix is it's own company . Nothing to do with Combined Tech I know there in the process of adding new bullets to there product line so I think there web site doesn't show everything there working on.

Any update or bullet performance information? Just came across these bullets, .277 165 and 175 gr. look pretty impressive. Interested in information from anyone who has used these, thank

Any update or bullet performance information? Just came across these bullets, .277 165 and 175 gr. look pretty impressive. Interested in information from anyone who has used these, thank

Contact Marshall @ Matrix with any questions you might have. I did and he was very straightforward with his response. He gave very important information regarding bearing length and use of the 277 offerings in 8 twist, 3 groove extreme magnum rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.