Has anyone had issues shipping with the post office

vintec

Recently I shipped an action from Dixie, WV to Fort Shaw, MT; shipped out on Saturday made it to MT on Monday. VERY IMPRESSIVE almost 2000 miles or 34 hours behind the wheel.

So this past Saturday I shipped the computer for one of my CNC lathes to Patterson, NY ~600 mile or a 10 hr drive. Given the recent perfromance I was expecting similar results.

So anyway I insured the package (1000.00), not enough!!!! (replacement is gonna cost 4K, verses the 400.00 repair)Today is Thrusday, my package is untraceable. The only tracking info is the acceptance info from the shipping post office.

Has anyone had problems shipping via US Postal service. How long do I need to wait, and how hard is it to get my insurance money.

Vince

I can't say much about the insurance part, but I can tell you that the usps tracking sucks I've sent alot of money orders in the last five or so years and the only time your numbers work is when they scan it where you sent it from and when it eventually arrives at it's destination. In my opinion ups is the only one who's tracking numbers get updated daily.

I've never had anything lost through usps, hopefully yours is just running behind schedule.

-Nathan

I sold and insured a scope for $950. Usps damaged the package admitted to damaging the package and the buyer did all the proper hoops. They shorted him $175. No explanation, he was told he was lucky to get that. After several months of fighting we gave up. To say the least I wasn't impressed.

Brent

Give it time. Post Office pretty much sucks anymore. I sent 2 rifle bolt off to get fluted last year and they still show nothing more than accepted for shipping. That was a panic until I got in touch with the smith! He had them there on the bench. Hopefully your stuff will turn up. I recently swapped scopes with a guy in ND. It's a 6.5 hour drive from my house to his. We both sent priority and it took right at a week.

I sent a first class letter to my son who is 400 miles away. It took four weeks! That's 100 mikes a week or about 15 miles a day. Same rate of pace as a fully loaded infantryman.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts