Has anyone gotten back pack from here?

joseph

I found this site where the prices are very tempting. It looks like you have to order from Hong Kong. I never ordered anything from out of the USA and don't know how safe it would be to order this back pack for $49.00 plus shipping. How long would it take to be delivered from deliver date and how do you pay for it? Would it be safe using a VISA Card?

Backpack - Combo Gun Bag #033 CB

joseph

30 day warranty only + If you get one with a defect it looks like you pay to ship it back to them and that would be overseas.

What I need to know if anyone had ordered from them and if they did how long did it take to be delivered.

Maybe I will have to be the guinea pig.

joseph

Their shipping estimator says $60 for quick delivery and $47 for 10 to 20 days. VISA would be safe.

Looks like a knockoff of the Eberlestock design. I held in my hands one of these, not made by this company necessarily but the quality was such that I decided not to carry them in my LRH Gear Shop. I thought they may last a couple of hard hunting season but maybe not much more than that. I decided to carry the real thing -- Eberlestock itself.

Repeat, my experience was not necessarily a pack made by or for this company. It's hard to say who really makes the overseas stuff. Some is good, some is not. At $49 it can't be very good in my opinion. But if your usage would be very light it may be a good buy for you and may last for many years.

Well I ordered it on July 5 th. and it was delivered to my house on July 12. Yes the shipping was $47 for a total of $96. Looks very well made, all the interior is waterproof including the rifle stock cover. All the zippers are very large. There is plenty of padding for the small of your back and a lot of padding in between the rifle scabbard and your back. It even has a zipper at the barrel end to retrieve anything that might get down there. The color looks good for Wyoming.

Oh I almost forgot. I expected it to have a musty or rubber "smell", but it doesn't have any smell at all. :D

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

joseph

Joseph, let us know how it works for you. Also what kind of warranty does it come with?

Joseph, let us know how it works for you. Also what kind of warranty does it come with?

Looks like a 30 day warranty and you would have to ship it back to Hong Kong.

Anyway I think I did very well. It looks like it is without any flaws. My neighbor just got back From Iraq and he says it is exactly like they use. It will hold 150 pounds and a bolt action sniper rifle with scope and bipod attached. It looks like ones that cost $250 here with out the fancy camo printed on it.

This one looks exactly like the one I got: http://www.eberlestock.com/Gunslinger M Series.htm

joseph

Last edited:
Thanks for responding. Heck, even if it's half as good as the $350 ones then you got a heck of a deal. :)Enjoy.

Well the first time trying out the back pack with 40 pounds in it which included my 15 pound 6mm Norma BR. and my Browning BAR 30-06 in a soft case. Both rifles fit in the pack's scabbard. It is very comfortable and I walked down hill which is a 45 degree angle for a 1/4 mile and then back up the hill. I thought that I did very well for a guy that just turned 65 and am very out of shape. I have been walking for about a month now and have lost 16 pounds.

The only thing I may have to add to the pack is making the belt that goes from one shoulder strap to the other longer. I weigh 232 pounds now and have a large barrel chest. The waste strap is plenty long enough for the guys with big beer bellies. :D

The other thing I should mention is that the padding that goes all the way up your back is great.

I'll try to get someone to take pictures to post this weekend.

joseph

Joseph, thanks for the report. 16 pounds that's great, good for you, keep up the good work.:)

I wonder why these types of backpacks are designed to carry the rifle muzzle down?

That drives me nuts.

The one I made for myself has the muzzle up, with a cover if necessary........

Seems to make sense if one wants to sit down???

Looks good!!!
I bought the original the J107 from Eberlestock and it costed me much more than that.
Congrats for the buy I hope it lasts a lifetime and works perfectly for you.
Keep us posted on its performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.