Has anybody used Hammer bullets

What was the contour of the barrel that he had fluted?

I called several barrel makers asking if they would match the lightest Weatherby Mark V six lug contour. Only Pac-Nor said they would. Instead of limiting the length to 24" like Weatherby I had them add 2" so it is 26" long. The muzzle is .550". One it was in my hands I sent it to Twisted Barrel where it was fluted to take off as much weight as they would. The six flutes reduced the weight by an additional seven ounces. The flute are radiused and about 21" long, about .200" wide and about .065-.070" deep. By cutting the flutes that much the bore could have been allowed to expand slightly.

I called several barrel makers asking if they would match the lightest Weatherby Mark V six lug contour. Only Pac-Nor said they would. Instead of limiting the length to 24" like Weatherby I had them add 2" so it is 26" long. The muzzle is .550". One it was in my hands I sent it to Twisted Barrel where it was fluted to take off as much weight as they would. The six flutes reduced the weight by an additional seven ounces. The flute are radiused and about 21" long, about .200" wide and about .065-.070" deep. By cutting the flutes that much the bore could have been allowed to expand slightly.

Ahhh...yeah, most barrel makers that do fluting won't even do it on barrels with a smaller contour than a #3 and that is .630 at the muzzle. Yours is a smaller contour than even a featherweight. Hope it all works out for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.