Has anybody shot the new Nosler Accubond LR?

I've done one range trip with the 175's in my 7saum. Seating them to 2.820" gives me 15-20 thousandths jump- ogive is waaaay out there on the 175's! I saw just under half moa groups from 3 different charge weights. Maybe soon I can load some more & do some consistency checks, then mess with depth a bit more to see if I can get them any tighter. With somewhere around 600 rounds out of this barrel, I'm thinking these might be good to switch to after I lose the node with the 162 amax's & 180 hybrids- both seated at max mag length already (2.96").

LRAB's show potential for chasing lands without running out of magazine length. Just food for thought for all of us that are half way through a barrel.....

I haven't taken any game with them so I can't comment in their performance there.

As far as accuracy, the 210s have offered the same accuracy and consistency as the 208 amax in my 300 win mag. Only 0.5 grains less to get there. .3-.5 MOA is the norm with .4 being a solid average. It's a factory Sendero bedded in an A3 stock. No other modifications. I've only been able to get these as far as 725 yards. Still .3-.5 MOA. I'm quite happy there.

BC is a little less than the 210 vld but close.

I haven't taken any game with them so I can't comment in their performance there.

As far as accuracy, the 210s have offered the same accuracy and consistency as the 208 amax in my 300 win mag. Only 0.5 grains less to get there. .3-.5 MOA is the norm with .4 being a solid average. It's a factory Sendero bedded in an A3 stock. No other modifications. I've only been able to get these as far as 725 yards. Still .3-.5 MOA. I'm quite happy there.

BC is a little less than the 210 vld but close.

Well it sounds like everybody else has had good luck with the ALR. That's good to hear and I probably got unlucky and got a bad lot of bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts