Hart Rifles

You will get 100% different info from the two of them.

Hart rifles barrels is a Barrel manufacture...RW Hart Rifles builds rifles.

I agree with TREBARK about his comment about Hart barrels.

If your looking for a rifle builder I would highly recomend you spend your money once for a quality build and go to Kevin at Montour County Rifles. (570) 437-2010. It's allot easier to build it right the first time then it is to make someone else fix others "F" ups. I've seen some guns roll into kevins made by others that I wouldn't **** on if they caught on fire....

He builds all my stuff and many others on this site. There is a reason why you don't find guns from some builders on here very often :rolleyes:

You will get 100% different info from the two of them.

Hart rifles barrels is a Barrel manufacture...RW Hart Rifles builds rifles.

QUOTE]

Hart Rifle Barrels is good to go!
R.W. Hart, No Go, do your homework on them.
Same family, different work ethic.

I agree with JUDD
I personally had 4 rifles built by Bobby and company and I'll never make the mistake again. I hate to run anybody down but money is hard to come by now and you'd be wise to spend it elsewhere. I'd give Kevin Kram a try, just look at feedback and you'll discover this as well.

Now as for Hart barrels I give a thumbs up

I agree with JUDD
I personally had 4 rifles built by Bobby and company and I'll never make the mistake again. I hate to run anybody down but money is hard to come by now and you'd be wise to spend it elsewhere. I'd give Kevin Kram a try, just look at feedback and you'll discover this as well.

Now as for Hart barrels I give a thumbs up

BIG +1!!

Hart Rifle barrels is a first class operation.

Kevin Cram is also a great gunsmith recommendation. He built two of my rifles...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/my-260-mcr-59628/

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/my-260-mcr-59628/

Kevin also built JUDD's 7mm dakota...

Here's the beginning...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/jacklynn-mcr-creation-66396/

And the finish...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/judds-new-mcr-7mm-dakota-71098/

I sent a Howa action to Hart Barrels and had them true it up and install a 25/300WSM barrel on it. Work was top notch and it shoots great!

What about Hart Rifle Barrels' rebarreling work? Anyone with experience?

I have two Rem 700's which were barreld by Hart (Hart Rifle Barrels. One is a 29.5" 7mm STW and the other a 30" 300 Rem Ultra. I built both for one mile Silhouette target shooting. I consider the 7mm STW to be the best rifle I own (out of about 100). I guess the best compliment I can give them is that neither rifle ever seems to be be the limiting factor on accuracy. Wind deflection is the main factor with velocity dispersion being second. 180 Berger VLDs have very low wind deflection . The 300 300 RUM's ballistics are not as good but that's not the rifles fault.
The craftsmanship on the barreled actions is excellent. In a quality stock it will make a rifle to be proud of both for looks and accuracy.

RW Hart builds a great gun. I have multiple and they are all shooters. there are some people who complain about bobby but they seem like internet heroes and bobby is too nice to fight back or is above all that i know of one who learned from bobby then went off on his own after learning then tried to steal his customers by talking badly about his mentor so just be sure the things you hear are credible. I have come to know bobby well and i dont know many people who will take teh time to teach a newbie how to shoot. he personally helped me get started years ago 15 or so and i know countless others who he did the same for with no contingencies and no sales pitch he just likes to shoot long. to me he is a pioneer in this game and has been doing it a long time, and make no mistake he is a truly remarkable gunsmith and LR shooter, my brother and I have the kills at very long ranges with his guns to prove it. Call him and talk to him and make up your own mind this is just my opinion.

I do like Bobby as an individual, but he does not build most of the guns that come out of the shop, I personally like 1 guy to build my gun from start to finish. I do have 1 Hart built rifle and it does shoot very well, but have heard some horror stories with others. I would not have him build another.

RW Hart builds a great gun. I have multiple and they are all shooters. there are some people who complain about bobby but they seem like internet heroes and bobby is too nice to fight back or is above all that i know of one who learned from bobby then went off on his own after learning then tried to steal his customers by talking badly about his mentor so just be sure the things you hear are credible. I have come to know bobby well and i dont know many people who will take teh time to teach a newbie how to shoot. he personally helped me get started years ago 15 or so and i know countless others who he did the same for with no contingencies and no sales pitch he just likes to shoot long. to me he is a pioneer in this game and has been doing it a long time, and make no mistake he is a truly remarkable gunsmith and LR shooter, my brother and I have the kills at very long ranges with his guns to prove it. Call him and talk to him and make up your own mind this is just my opinion.

I'm just going to leave this thread alone from here on out...:rolleyes: It's not my money so no worries for me.

*deleted because sometimes my fingers type beforethink it out*

to the original poster..do a search on your smiths...this is a good place to start since their are so many here. Look at their work and the customers results. If you find a whole lot of good looking builds and great results from those builds I'd be comferatable the smith is good.

Last edited: