Harris Pod Lock

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by jmden, Sep 20, 2008.

1. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

Does the Pod Lock for S series Harris bipods truly lock that mechanism from swiveling or does it still allow some swiveling when the trigger is pulled?

Right now my right friction lock leg shortens a bit everytime I fire--must be the right twist rifling? So, I purchased a Harris S with the leg notches thinking I would solve that problem. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet, but is sure seems that no matter how hard I tighten the knob (tried a wingnut on there too), it swivels quite easily. Have I just traded one problem for another?

Thanks for the input.

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

You can set it to your preference, whether that is to allow a slight swivel if you want or you can lock it down so it won't swivel.

I've got both types of bipods with the PodLocs although I really prefer the notched legs.

3. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

Thank you, ss7mm. I have already ordered the Pod Lock hoping this would lock it down solid. From your post, it sounds like it will do that. Thank you.

4. Lost creek

Lost creek Well-Known Member

I got my pod lock from t-nuts for 1/3 the price of anywhere else and it is a quality item. T-Nuts.com

5. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me -I just ordered 3 more!

6. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

Lost, I wish I would've known about that a day or two ago! Well...hopefully it'll help someone else out. No reason not to get one at those prices. Thanks.

7. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

jmden,

You'll be happy with yours! I really like mine, level up that bubble, lock it and you're in business! ;)

8. bigg_sexy1

bigg_sexy1 Well-Known Member

+1 on Tnuts, cant go wrong for the price. very good service as well.

9. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

Just to save on shipping I ordered 3 pod-locks. I installed 2 of them on my bi-pods that didn't already have the expensive levers that I bought previously and gave the 3rd to a hunting buddy. He was very happy with the price - free. :>)

10. bigg_sexy1

bigg_sexy1 Well-Known Member

Thats funny I did the same thing, gave one to my buddy for his Bday