Harris Bipods

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by slim09, Oct 12, 2009.

1. slim09

slim09 Well-Known Member

I am looking at getting a new bipod for one of my new long range hunting rifles, my question is what Harris bipod is the best one? It looks to me like they have 2-3 pivoting bi pods out now, is one better than another?

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

It's all just personal opinion but I use the 6-9" swivel model with leg notches and also each one has a PodLoc. I also have the 9-13" model but rarely use it.

3. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

I prefer the HB25CS that extends from prone (13 1/2") to sitting (27") sitting position. Where I hunt, sometimes the prone does not work because grasses are taller than the lowest setting.

ULTIMATE WEAPONS SYSTEMS

4. ATH

ATH Well-Known Member

+1.

I've used one for years, while a little tall for prone I've gotten used to using it. While all true long shots must be shot prone in my book, I've taken a good number of 200-300 yd shots with it from sitting or kneeling that I would have passed had I been stuck with one of the prone-only models.

5. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

+2

I like haveing enough bipod to hunt siting or prone. and the swivel helps on un even ground

The cost of the 25 c is about $100.oo but well worth it .

J E CUSTOM

6. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Well-Known Member

I use th 6-9" Harris bipods on my varmint handguns and rifles.
    There are times when I try to save a few dollars and purchase another brand. Every time the cheeper bipod gets tossed or given away in a short time and a Harris installed on the gun.
    I do prefer the swivel on the bipods but only buy a bipod with the swivel feature about half of the time