Harris BIPOD which size?

Bigeclipse

If you could only buy one size which would it be if you were me? I will be shooting 70% bench and 30% hunting. I was thinking 6-9 or 9-13...
When it comes to bench shooting...I am able to adjust my seat height with relation to bench height and our targets are required to be high off the ground so i have noticed that my shooting rest tends to be taller...so I am leaning towards the 9-13 swivel head friction lock version NOT notched version.

Sounds like the 9-13" would fit you well. You may need to put a 2X6 under your rear bag for the bench. Is there a reason you want the friction legs? I've shot both quite a bit and I'd never go back to friction from the notched, swivel bipods. I feel so strong about it that they are the only ones I stock in our store.

For your purposes 9-13 for sure and def go with the pivot model. I started with a static 6-9 and it was never sufficient height for hunting. 13" will get you above most grasses and you can add a larger rear bag to accommodate.

All four of mine are 6-9" but i can see how a taller one would be handy. I bought a set of extendable shooting sticks from cabelas for hunting in tall weeds.

I've owned them all and still own several. By far, I prefer the 6"x9" BR model for shooting prone or from the bench. The shorter bi-pod keeps the rifle lower to the ground and only needs your hand beneath the buttstock for a very steady and easily adjustable hold. The only downside is that it limits your ability to shoot over vegetation if that's an issue where you set up.

I also like the 3 section tall model for shooting from a seated position. I can anchor both my elbows against my knees and make reliable hits at fairly long range with heavy recoiling rifles. Shooting prone with a heavy recoiling rifle is a rather bad idea. LOL

Sounds like the 9-13" would fit you well. You may need to put a 2X6 under your rear bag for the bench. Is there a reason you want the friction legs? I've shot both quite a bit and I'd never go back to friction from the notched, swivel bipods. I feel so strong about it that they are the only ones I stock in our store.

i have heard reviews that the notched one's deteriorate accuracy compared to the friction ones....something to do with the spring tension or stretching or something like that . one person said when he was using notched he was getting just under MOA but same gun on friction setup and he gets 1/2 MOA

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.