Harrell powder measure, how does it work?

Harrell is a top of the line product. I spoke to the owner this past spring and almost ordered one directly from him, I probably will this fall or winter when I get a little more $ saved up.

Of note, I do use a Redding 3BR for loading 38 specials and I am very happy with the Redding but it did have a learning curve (as do all of these throwers). For one thing, as already mentioned these tools are finicky regarding powder choices.

The major lesson a friend taught me and I still do, is "practice throwing powder" - what this means is you have to establish a specific/defined rhythm. I do this by throwing charges into the original powder keg until I have my rhythm worked out and then I start filling brass.

Of note, I always empty my bottle immediately after each throwing session.

Yes Gary, it came with 2 drop tubes 4" long and I'm using the one with larger ID the other one I think is for 22 or 20 caliber cases

Yes Gary, it came with 2 drop tubes 4" long and I'm using the one with larger ID the other one I think is for 22 or 20 caliber cases

I like the polycarbonate drop tubs so well I'm going to have him make me some 6" and 8"
long for the realy big cases.

They should do two things, help to see the powder flow and help with compressed loads.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.