Hardwood refinishing

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
I could have done this job with no problem, heck I put 60 % of the hardwoods in our house by myself. What is the going cost $$$ per foot to sand, stain, and coat going for these days? OAK Floor, want darker stain two coats and probably a urethane coating.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Following.
Between me coming in the house with work/hunting boots and having a couple big dogs in and out of the house from the yard, our oak floors are terrible. How can you even get the work done without removing everything from the house to get access to all the floors?

Following.
Between me coming in the house with work/hunting boots and having a couple big dogs in and out of the house from the yard, our oak floors are terrible. How can you even get the work done without removing everything from the house to get access to all the floors?
I think that they do section at a time. Clear the furniture out of one area and the clean, sand, stain, coat and it dries over night. Then they move the furniture to the finished are and do another section. You might have to stay at family or a hotel for a few days depending on the sqft of your floors. Costs $$$ depends on what you want done $2 to $7 per sqft. As soon as Maximus our Bernese puppy gets a little bit bigger and no chance of him urinating by mistake going to get someone to do it. I would do myself if it was 6 years earlier and before my spinal cord injury. We have 1/2 oak from when the hose was built 16 years ago and then I did the other 1/2 in a Hardwood from the Philippines. The wood I put in is still good, but the oak needs sanding, stain and urethane coat.

I am getting quotes on that for me now, and most are coming in $7-$8. Driving force is size of area and number of rooms to get done. Helps that he house is devoid of furniture and we have 6 rooms to do. Says he may be able to get down around $6, but that seems to be the bottom of the range.

I am getting quotes on that for me now, and most are coming in $7-$8. Driving force is size of area and number of rooms to get done. Helps that he house is devoid of furniture and we have 6 rooms to do. Says he may be able to get down around $6, but that seems to be the bottom of the range.
Good luck!
Merry Christmas!