Harbor freight vibratory case polisher

Jimm

Well, my Frankford arsenal vibe case polisher died about a year into its life . I must admit it ran as long as units twice the price . At my use level I get about a year on any of them.

A couple of days before it checked out I received the latest Harbor Freight sales rag in the mail . While scanning it I noticed something I hadn't seen there before , a vibratory case polisher and on sale for $39.99 .

So when mine died two days later off I went and purchased one along with a one year full replacement warranty for an add'l $9.99. Yeah , I know that is a big gimmick cuz they probably know it will squeak by that time allotment before it leaves you high and dry . Thing is I will be ahead even if it does as this unit cost me less than any I could buy and that with a warranty as well.

If it does crap out inside the warranty period I will be even better off ( assuming the replacement unit gives comparable service ),

I have been running this new rig for a few weeks now , these are my observations so far :
1. It is a lot heavier than comparable sized units of others manufacture
2. The pattern of movement in the bowl is different from all I've had before ; i.e. it runs in a circular fashion with a slight amount of trading up and down hill while all the others I have owned were far more up and then down with very little lateral movement , I am referring to the path the brass takes of course .The other major consideration is that it provides the same results in a shorter period of time . I usually " look in " on the bras after 8 hrs or so and go from there , which is usually another 8 hrs or so. This unit is achieving the same results as the others I have owned in approx. 3/4 the time . Also it seems to clean the inside of the case better ( I know I should get a ultrasonic and move on , but thats for another day/year )

This thing may bite the dust tomorrow and if it does I will report " toot suite "

Jim B.

Time will tell

I'm just lucky, I guess? I have had my Thumbler's for at least twenty years, good size but it doesn't dump the media for me. Had to take it apart recently, shaft was all bound up? In turning it upside down, I found out that it says to oil it every six months? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif It is back to working like a champ after some tedious assembly and disassembly. It has always had a rolling clockwise pattern. I have heard some people use walnut and run it for just a couple hours, but I like treated corn cob and leave it for at least a day. No, it doesn't clean the inside, I read that article by JB and it sounds intriguing as hell, but I have not concerned myself with the interior of the case, up 'til now.

Good hunting. LB

I bought the harbor freight one for 39.95 also it works great!And to get it I returned a level I had 2yrs and a battery charger that was shot.I got my 19.95 back for the level and 5.00 for the charger,they asked if I wanted the warranty I told them no if it breaks I'll bring it back and they'll give me a new one I just tell them I lost the receight works everytime.

fireball10x, thanks for letting us all know what kind of person you are. Now if you ever try to sell anything we'll know that you are probably ripping us off. Thanks again!

[ QUOTE ]
fireball10x, thanks for letting us all know what kind of person you are. Now if you ever try to sell anything we'll know that you are probably ripping us off. Thanks again!

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

That is pretty tacky. Please don't tell me you sneak into a second movie at the 'plex without paying?

I went out to harbor freight and got the dual drum rotary job. It was on sale for 34$ it is only 2 3lb. drums but it works great only 3 hr,s the cases look nice. They also have the ones that work with chemicals, may try that next. There prices are so good, if it breaks just keep it for parts and buy another.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.