Happy Hunting

Dirk

Hey everyone glad to be here. I am new at this so please bare with me. I currently have a .223 that I plan on using for close in varmint work (0 - 300 yrs.) I am considering a Ruger #1 V in 25-06 for the longer shots and also have the ability to take deer sized animals. I have also looked at the 243 & 6MM Remington to fit the same bill. I am leaning toward the 25-06! As you can see I am a little fickle. Any advise would be appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome,

I am sure you will find tons of great info here. Definitely use the search function and read though past threads.

I have never really be a fan of the 25-06. It's just too much of an in between cartridge for me. I would stick with the 243 or jump up to something in the 6.5 or 7mm caliber.

Thanks for the help. I guess that is why I was leaning toward the 25-06. It would fill the niche between the .223 and .300 Win Mag. I use for the larger critters. Thanks again. I think I just want an excuse to buy a new toy.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.