Happy Easter!!!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by liltank, Apr 4, 2010.

1. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

Hope you guys don't mind a little faith sharing.

Jesus Is Risen!
    1 Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave.

2 And behold, a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it.

3 And his appearance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow.

4 The guards shook for fear of him and became like dead men.

5 The angel said to the women, “[sup] [/sup]Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified.

6 “He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying.

7 “Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead; and behold, He is going ahead of you into Galilee, there you will see Him; behold, I have told you.”

8 And they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to report it to His disciples.

9 And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.

Good morning gentlemen and Happy Easter. Though it is a time of family and chocolate Easter bunny's, let us not forget the real reason for the season. It is truly a blessed day. The Lord has risen from the grave for each and everyone of us. He was beaten, spit upon, whipped that flesh was ripped from his body. A crown of thorns is the only emblem of kingship forced on his head. He then carried his own means of torture to eminent doom and demise of my Lord and Savior.

They nailed his wrists and dislocated his ankles forcing a spike through the bone. They placed him high on the hill of Golgotha so that all could see the supposed King of the Jews. Two criminals hang next to him. One in complete repentance in their last hour asking to be forgiven. The other spiteful to the end. Just looks to the father and with one last breath screams out, "It is done." To assure his death a guard thrust a spear into his side. Blood and water surrounding the heart gushed forth and covered the ground. At this moment, even the guards knew that He was in fact the King of the Jews.

His apostles came and took Jesus down and placed Him in a tomb that was given out of respect. They wrapped in traditional burial wraps and spices. They placed Him in the tomb to lay for eternity.

God had a different plan. He raised his Son from the dead to fulfill what had been foretold. Our Lord and Savior has been risen to return one day to take us all home.

Blessings,
    Tank

2. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

Happy Easter Tank, and all LRH members.

Blessed be all.

3. goose

goose Well-Known Member

By His wounds we are healed.. Happy Easter

4. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

I was just going to post a thread "The Ultimate Freedom" but you beat me to it Tank. Happy Easter and God bless ALL of you......Rich:D:D

5. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Tank. Happy Easter to all and God bless our Troops both those at home with family and those in harms way.

6. peashooter

peashooter Well-Known Member

Thanks Tank,

Enjoyed services today and was priveliged to watch a friend washed white as snow in the blood of JESUS. Praise be to God.

7. new shooter

new shooter Well-Known Member

Yes thank god. He is are hope.

8. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post Tank. A blessed Resurection celebration to you and the rest of the LRH bunch :)

9. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

Well done Tank! Happy Easter to everyone. Lets not forget why we celebrate it. Only one side wins in the end, and because of the price he paid, were all invited to the party and Im very thankfull for that.

10. wbuck

wbuck Member

HE has risen............. He has risen indeed

This is a day to remember, We will rejoice and be glad in it

Happy Easter

11. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

It was a good thing I put this together this morning. When I got to church I found out I had communion meditation. As it turned out, this prepared me and I did a slight variation on it for the congregation. God is Good!

Tank

12. ROBSTER

ROBSTER Well-Known Member

Thanks Tank and Happy Easter to all.
    robster

13. tmmcampbell

tmmcampbell Active Member

Amen!