handloads vs black hills for .308

My experience has been that Black Hills is almost as accurate as my handloads. You can handload to meet a specific need, barrel or bullit. They are more expensive than handloading and do not provide much flexability. They have had trouble keeping some of this ammo in stock. So availability may be an issue.

I have had better success with BlackHills ammo in my 308's than any other , BUT , they were chambered with a reamer cut specificaly for their 175gr SMK load. All their loads shoot well in my guns , I have had a couple guns that Federal Match would shoot better but that was a box to box thing , one box of the 168 would shoot great the next woulden't shoot as well , I haven't had nearly these torubles with the BlackHills ammo.

As it was mentioned their supply of both 223 and 308 is going to the sand box rightnow and its drying up here in the states.
Several of my best friends-brothers are working security on Iraq rightnow and they are using alot of Blackhills ammo , knowing that a shortage here means quality ammo for our guys over their I don't mind the inconvience.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.