had to pass on smoking a pack...

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by shawn338lapua, Oct 20, 2013.

1. shawn338lapua

shawn338lapua Member

i am just venting right now. My hunting buddy and i had to pass on a pack of coyotes because Saltlake county decided to designate a patch of prime hunting land as "Rec. Area". we saw 5 individuals at about 350 yards. about 20 mins later we saw 5 more(maybe the same 5) at about the same distance. Then 10 mins after that we saw 2 more come up the canyon we were hiking.

i am new to coyote hunting, only one dog under my belt, this was the first time i had seen so many yotes and we couldn't even get a shot off!

after doing some reading i did notice that they have a rule of no dogs aloud off leash, so technically if we shoot them we are only helping enforce the rules right? :D

2. kimberyote

kimberyote Well-Known Member

I run into places that have tons of yotes, but have i no access. How I beat them at their own game is to get privileges on the land that joins that property. And then I just set up for a long shot. When the snow flies, establish the yotes routes, then set up accordingly.
    Good luck!