had it with chemical solvents? try an enzyme!

Yes, They are in the middle of a big corporate redo right now. The product has been selling faster than they can make it, and they have had to compensate by uprgrading to a larger facility to produce more product.
The phone number you are calling might be ringing a phone in an empty office right now!

It may have been mentioned earlier, but if you order some of this stuff, be careful when you open it up, it may be under pressure, mine was when I opened it. This may just be from shipping but be careful none the less.
db

After using it today, I must agree, the most amazing cleaner I've ever used. Took everything out, even moly, down to the bare metal in just a couple of minutes. It's so good, gotta be something wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
db

Yep, add me to the list of astonishees. The stuff's great. Store it upright, though...it leaks over time as the pressure builds.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, They are in the middle of a big corporate redo right now. The product has been selling faster than they can make it, and they have had to compensate by uprgrading to a larger facility to produce more product.
The phone number you are calling might be ringing a phone in an empty office right now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a few questions.

If everything is OK with them and their only problem was their inability to keep up with demand then why would you pull your website and stop answering the phones??

As a business person I would have people on overtime answering phones and e-mails just to let people know that there is a shortage and that a new facility that will allow for increased production will be up and running shortly but until then their order may take longer than normal.

Why would anyone just stop communicating with their dealers and their consumer base over the inability to keep up with demand?

To stop taking orders is not just a loss its a huge loss!!What kind of business would do that rather than to let your dealers know that there is a shortage and that their orders may be on back order for some time.

Think about it. Brownells, as an example does this all the time. They have no problem telling you that the item is back ordered or out of stock and that it can be weeks or even months befor they are able to ship.

or try to order a McMillan Fiberglass Tactical A-5 Rifle stock and see how long that will take, but you don't see them shutting down thier website and not responding to calls and e-mails.

Just don't make sense to me. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Ben

I don't know. Sometimes what I think makes sense for business is not what the corporate guys think is sensible. Has anyone ordered it from Brownell's yet? I would think that they should have been well stocked before the business redo.

By the way guys, thanks for adding your honest and favorable posts on the great product! Even if their business end stinks, the product more than makes up for it and I will be a Coppermelt user for <font color="red">LIFE! </font>

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know. Sometimes what I think makes sense for business is not what the corporate guys think is sensible. Has anyone ordered it from Brownell's yet? I would think that they should have been well stocked before the business redo.

By the way guys, thanks for adding your honest and favorable posts on the great product! Even if their business end stinks, the product more than makes up for it and I will be a Coppermelt user for LIFE!

[/ QUOTE ] I agee GG who knows how those corporate guys think! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Look at remington they quit making the sendero cause one of them big wheels said it wasn't selling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I too will use coppermelt as long as I can get my hands on it. Brownells is where I ordered mine from and also my buddy johnnyK got his from there but shortly after they ran out but I'm sure more than 2 people have bought it from there because from what I can tell there are hundreds of people who have read this thread and I'm sure they to decided to try it also after all the good comments. I will never use anything else to clean my guns unless they quit making coppermelt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Man I hear that. What the crap was Remington thinking? Drop the Sendero, Lss, and ADL's? Now what are people supposed to do for a good out-of-the-box long range rig to build on? Buy a CDL and live happily ever after? I think NOT!
Corporate guys-damned if they do what's right and damned if they hear they're not perfect.

It sucks, but you got to remember that those "Corporate guys" don't give a rats butt what you or I or anyone else thinks, period. They look at the bottom line and if its not making the money they expect then they change it weather we as customers like it or not.

That's what has me baffled with this coppermelt thing. I too was going to order but their website was down for a while now. I thought it was just a problem with the server of maybe their updating the website.

But if they are getting more orders than they can fill this is a good thing and to stop advertising, and contacting those that have made this happen and to stop producing the stuff all together makes NO business sense as this will effect the bottom line in a major way.

To open a larger facility takes cash and capital and to cut off your cash-flow (sales) at a time like this is just not good business savvy.

I'll tell ya what they were thinking. They were thinking, " man we got to shut that goodgrouper down. He is pushing us by selling all our stuff and making us rich. We cant have that. Man we should just close up the doors and maybe this guy will go away and when hes gone we'll reopen and then we will be able to sell just a jar or two every now and again that way grandma don't get mad that we're using her kitchen."/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Goodgrouper I think its all your fault!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif If you had not made this post and went on a crusade to push the stuff to everyone in your state and everyone online, they would still be open and we could get some. See that its all your fault. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif That 'll learn ya. LOLOL
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have Fun,
Ben

I figure the Government has shut them down because someone has figured out that adding a couple of elements to the mix could make it dangerous. Or maybe if there was a chemical spill into a major waterway, say of 10 million gallons, it could effect the fishing industry, or maybe someone has died from sniffing it and there is a 10 billion dollar lawsuit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
The next step will probably be the Feds tracing all orders to the US and demanding a "Turn-in", or else.
db

7RUMloader,
I'm with you 100%. Great stuff! Hopefully we'll be able to continue using it. I was very disappointed when I found out that Remington had discontinued the Sendero.
3 patches and a dry one and my 300 RUM was very clean!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.