h4831sc question

chrishatley

h4831 and h4831sc are interchangeable right? Or does the short cut have a different burn rate? I thought it was just to alow better packing of the in the case.

my experience chronoing- out of 7mmmags; the sc is a little faster. it takes a about . 5 or .7 grains less to achieve the same velocity. different bullets different lot of powder, different cals may change that. they are very close.

my experience chronoing- out of 7mmmags; the sc is a little faster. it takes a about . 5 or .7 grains less to achieve the same velocity. different bullets different lot of powder, different cals may change that. they are very close.

Agreed - Have had the exact same experience with a 280AI

It definitely meters, and fills cases more consistently. I suspect that it also burns more consistently, due to the more uniform case fill. resulting in the slightly less powder required. Other than that, interchangeable.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.