Gunwerks is endorsing Vortex??

I just mounted one of the new Vortex VHS 4X16X50 LR ffp on a Remington 308 LTR. It is a good thing for long range shooting, and easy to use, but the reticle is a bit "busy" for my taste in a hunting scope. I have tried a lot of differant optics, and I still prefer the HUSKEMAW for speed and accuracy in hunting situations.

I just mounted one of the new Vortex VHS 4X16X50 LR ffp on a Remington 308 LTR. It is a good thing for long range shooting, and easy to use, but the reticle is a bit "busy" for my taste in a hunting scope. I have tried a lot of differant optics, and I still prefer the HUSKEMAW for speed and accuracy in hunting situations.

do you know what the price diffrence between the two? Im just curious. I know that the Leupold VX3s are alot more money than the HSs, and those are the scopes that they are based off.
I also find most reticules too busy, unless the lines are fine.

Personally I dont understand the difficulty of using the MOA or Mill reticules and dials, and they save a substantial amount of $$.

Huskemaw @ just under $1300, Vortex HSLR just under $900. In 2012 I took an Oryx in New Mex. and an Oryx/Gemsbok plus 5 more head of plains game in Africa w/ the Huskemaw so I admit partiallity. Ranges from 187 yards up to 605 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.