Gunwerks/Huskemaw Optics

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by huntinco, Jun 28, 2008.

1. huntinco

huntinco User

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2010
  2. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

Looks good if you use the same load all the time, in the same temperature, and same elevation. What would it cost to have several turrets made for your exact shooting conditions though, and would that get confusing with your reticle set up for a specific shooting condition?

Oh, nice shooting!

3. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

Very nice, excelent report.

4. Sendero_Man

Sendero_Man <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

sound don't work...

5. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

Thx for the vid. I watch their program a lot and I've always been curious about who what when where how their rifles were made. They have a website and and address but not much more info. I mean heck we all have an address. Wheres the factory, are they machined or investment cast? Are they just one more Remington 700 action improvement(lookalike)? I read once here their scopes look like a 900.00 Tasco. That kind of stuff sticks in my craw til I found out the real story. They have a good tv show, but somehow something seems hokey about the whole Gunwerks/Huskemaw thing, but maybe its just me bein a suspicious ol bstrd.

6. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

I have heard that the Huskemaw scopes are exceptionally well made.

7. huntinco

huntinco User

Silvertip....
    This is what I know about the rifles components. Stiller Action, Bartlein Barrel, jewel trigger & McMillan stock.

8. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

I was wondering about that. Things like: Who makes them, how rugged are they, how good are the turrents/adjustments, how bright, who sells them & the prices?

9. trueblue

trueblue Well-Known Member

I bought one of their scopes this past winter, and had it on my 7mm Rem Mag for awhile before I sent the rifle off to be rechambered in a 7 STW.As a new shooter I find their system and reticle very easy to use. Dial elevation, with hashmarks on the horizontal plain so you can hold for wind. You can leave the original turret on, and develope your drop chart using that, as it goes by #'s. Or develope a good load, and have a turret made on that load, which is what I plan to do. It looks to be made very well, and the glass is excellent.

10. shortround01

shortround01 New Member

I can't see your video. Was it removed?

Actually, come to think of it. I can't see any video links on this forum. Is it blocked somehow to save server space?

S

11. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

s.

I can see the video just fine. What browser are you using? If you have 2 try a different one.

12. shortround01

shortround01 New Member

I'm using Mozilla Firefox. I suppose I could try IE...

Nope not there in IE either. It looks like the video is not there. Where it should be it is just a blank space. Very strange.

Thanks for responding:)

S

13. shortround01

shortround01 New Member

Nevermind I found the problem.

It has to do with my Proxy server at work. It doesn't allow any youtube stuff to come thru. Go figure, if I didn't know any better I would think they actually want me to WORK:) Hehe. I'd rather be shooting or hunting:)

S

14. ScottBerish

ScottBerish Well-Known Member

Never heard of them but I'd like to learn more!