Gunsmith in Northern Colorado

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Hicks, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Hicks

Hicks Well-Known Member

Anybody know a good gunsmith in northern colorado that can chamber a bbl and blueprint an action? I've got a Lilja barrel that I want to screw into a Remington receiver and it seems like all the smiths I know about are back logged.

Hicks

2. Bughole

Bughole Well-Known Member

You have one of the best of the best in your neighborhood. Greg Tannel of Gre-Tan rifles. They have a web sight, check it out. Used to be over by Greeley but I believe has moved to Rifle not too long ago. He is one of the ones worth waiting for!

3. grit

grit Well-Known Member

Hicks,
    Your name caught my attention. I've a close friend with the same, hell of a horseman...

I'm in Utah. This day and age, that's close to Colorado :D. I can do a month from receipt of components. I'll be more then happy to provide references.

Luck with your project.

4. ilscungilli

ilscungilli Well-Known Member

David Sullivan of West Wind Rifles. He is in Erie and has done great work for me in the past.

5. kc0pph

kc0pph Well-Known Member

I have to do it :p

That TV show American Guns, they are Located in Golden :p

Im sure they can do it for $14,000 you supply a block of steel. Then when its finished in 5 years you can take it out and shoot an exploding target :)

Grit cant offer that :p

I have yet to do business with Grit, I am in southern colorado (Pueblo) and after many great PM's have decided he will be the guy i use for my work.

Which Reminds me Grit if i dont get with you soon PM me i have a future job, my 7mm wont last too much longer :p

6. BigBboy25

BigBboy25 Well-Known Member

I use Truman Wilson out of Delta,CO. Has built a .308, .30/06 and .300 Win. Mag. for me and all have been tack drivers and look great. My father used him before me and still uses him. I HIGHLY recommend him. Give him a call if you're interested, he's more than willing to talk and is a great guy. 970-874-3030

7. Ross Douglas

Ross Douglas Member

Dose anyone know if Truman is still working on guns? I am planning on a build next year. I have seen how well his rifles shoot. I live in Tennessee and don't know any gun smiths. I would like to get 1/2 moa or better.

8. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Try Gre-Tan Rifles