gunsmith for light weight 700 build?

coueskiller43

I have a remington 700 short action that I am looking to have built into a light weight rifle. I want something comparable to a Bansner, Rifles Inc., or Mcwhorter. 5 to 6 pounds. A fluted/ lightened bolt, light contour fluted barrel, and ultralight stock are preferred. 7mm wsm will be the caliber of choice. Does anyone have a good gunsmith in mind?

I have a remington 700 short action that I am looking to have built into a light weight rifle. I want something comparable to a Bansner, Rifles Inc., or Mcwhorter. 5 to 6 pounds. A fluted/ lightened bolt, light contour fluted barrel, and ultralight stock are preferred. 7mm wsm will be the caliber of choice. Does anyone have a good gunsmith in mind?

Clayton smith WTO in Ackerly, TX. Just got a similar conversion back in a 6.5-280AI and my first 2 loads tested were .23" and .35" at 100 yards, basically one ragged hole. Great guy great prices excellent work and quick turnaround.

I don't have a pic of it on a computer anywhere. Completely set up, it weighed at about 9 lbs with the 40mm scope, mounts, rings, sling and rapid pivot system for the bipod to snap in to. I ended up with a 27" barrel & muzzle break. I just painted my old black synthetic rem 700 stock a camo color to look newer and to save money. Total price for everything included in the rebuild (barrel, chambering, bedding, out the door ready to shoot) was around $1100, I believe.

Do you have a pic of that rifle. What was the weight of the rifle when it was finished?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.