Gunsmith for bedding job

OLI62

Need some direction on a smith who I can send a Remington 700 and have it pillar bedded into a McMillan stock I purchased it for it. Any help/recommendation would be appreciated. Thanks!

Chad Dixon @ LongRifles Inc does the best bedding jobs I've ever seen. Be warned that his services do not come on the cheap however, I've never seen better.

Here's a 700 LA in 6/284 he did for me:

6-284 Bedding.JPG

t

Yes sir however, I seem to recall that he no longer accepts inletted stocks to bed? Something like that... he completely refilled that 6-284 I posted and did a CNC inlet.

McMillian A-5 Inletting (1).JPG

McMillian A-5 Bedding.JPG

t

I'm about to send a rifle for rebarrel and bedding to Kevin Cram (sponsor) so I hope he is in the running for someone you guys would use!

I've had Kevin do a couple of things for me . I was well pleased with his work , price , and he was about spot on for a completion date . I would use him again . I think you will be pleased . Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.