Gun Smiths in VA/Northern Virginia

Recon$$

I have a remington 700 that I just cant get to shoot well. It's not the scope, its not the mount, it's not a loose action, its not a dinged up crown, idk what the issue is. It's a 300 win mag with maybe 200 rounds downrange. I don't care for the gunshop located by me. I am looking to just have the action bedded and the rifle trouble shooted for whatever the issue is. I would rather deal with someone within driving distance. I live in fauquier county and am willing to go pretty far. If not, I will do it by mail. I would just like to have it back before november.

Thanks
Thomas

Your lucky, there's an excellent gunsmith in culpeper. His name is Jeff Walker, his shop is called Walker Custom Rifles. Built me a record setting F-T/R gun and some the most accurate rifles ive ever seen came from there.
Where do you shoot in fauquier county? My parents have land there.

I will definitely give him a call tomorrow. I shoot on my property. We have 5 acres but its less than suitable. I got a little 100 yard range setup. Where do u shoot? I am looking for somewhere to shoot some longer distances.

Also shoot on my family's property, it's 200acres, can shoot to 540yards currently on an established range, will push it to 600 in the spring, or whenever i have time...

That's so nice. Since I went out west last year on a mulie hunt iv had to buy a long range rig and started reliading. I cant get enough of it. Just need a place to shoot farther than 100 yards. Ur lucky I'm trying to get out to that wv range that has 300 600 and 1000 apparently. Just havnt made the drive. I got my new rifle shooting 1/2 moa. I go to develop a load for my fathers gun and I find out somethings wrong hence this post. Things driven me nuts allready

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.