Gun Safe Discussion

Boss Hoss

Have done an exhaustive amount of due diligence about the 2nd safe I need to buy and have come up with Sturdy Safe. My rationale is as follows---only care about maximum protection, fire resistance, maintainability and reliability. Looked at all of the big and small names in the industry Graffunder, Liberty, Fort Knox etc. and with the ability to build a safe layered with 7 gauge carbon steel and 7 gauge SS for cutting torch protection along with the fact that many of their customers are DOJ, and LEO Agencies is a plus. The pretty paint and interior are not what I need also the weight of this safe at about 1600lbs for the one I will be building is best kept in the garage bolted to the concrete.

Like the Fort Knox for sure but the complexity of the locking mechanisms concerns me over time as well as the price for things I do not need.

Am open to any and all comments.

Before bolting to the floor you might want to hook up from underneath a motion sensor alarm so if anyone trys to fork lift it or even move it slightly, an alarm signals sent. Other than that it looks to be build very well.

Before bolting to the floor you might want to hook up from underneath a motion sensor alarm so if anyone trys to fork lift it or even move it slightly, an alarm signals sent. Other than that it looks to be build very well.

Chas---yes that is in the Plan. Talked to the Owner yesterday and he was very open and candid during our conversation and yes they are built like the preverbal "brick outhouse" LOL!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.