gun powder

screech

Just to advance my knowledge. Is acurate a ball powder? how bout ramshot? Are these as stable as hodgon? whats the advantage/ disadvantage of a ball powder?

[ QUOTE ]
Just to advance my knowledge. Is acurate a ball powder? how bout ramshot? Are these as stable as hodgon? whats the advantage/ disadvantage of a ball powder?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ramshot Magnum is a ball powder. I believe Accurate have ball powders not have no experience w/Accurate powders.

Ramshot Magnum seems to be as stable as any. US 869, at least the lot that I am using, seems very temperature stable.

I have no experiance with Ramshot can't get it here and I won't pay an extra 20 to try it. I do however shoot alot of Hodgen and accurate. Some of accurate is ball most of what I use of theres is extruded 4350 id a large grain and I like it . I find these powders to be as good as anybody elses for stability . By saying stabile I will assume temperature resistant. I have used 8700, 2520 4350 no.5 2700, magpro and a few I am sure I am forgetting. I use 4350 as a pet load for my 220swift and the temperature windoe is 3 grains I'm very happy with this load.

Hope this helps answer your question a little

RH

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.