Gun gun, New scope ran out of clicks

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Laker_Taker, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Laker_Taker

Laker_Taker Well-Known Member

I bought a new gun from Sportsmans .243 SPS varminter. I bought a new scope 3200 bushnell 5-15. I had them mount it for me. I went to the range today and could not hit the target. Someone there had a lazer bore sighter and borrowed it to me. after playing with it I was three inches to the right of the bullseye. problem is I ran out of clicks to move it left. I removed the scope and loosend the dove tail bases and then I could sight it in. But when I tighten the bases it was off to the right again. Any suggestions on how to fix. I have had vertical problems on different rifles and a shim will correct it but never a horizontal.

Thanks Aaron

2. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

if you're off that far i would go with the Burris signature Zee rings with the offset inserts. you have a lot of distortion and these rings won't put any stress on the scope tube.

3. gun_rat82

gun_rat82 Well-Known Member

try leupold STD bases and rings, they'll give you all the windage adjustment you need. So will Weaver Grand-slam rings, but I would recommend the leupold STD bases over the weavers.

4. JD338

JD338 Well-Known Member

+1

jd338

5. Laker_Taker

Laker_Taker Well-Known Member

I went to gander and bought the Leupold bases with the windage adjustments and everything is fine.

Thanks For all the replys

Aaron