Gun comparison

jmeier1981

Ok I know everyone has there favorites but has anybody shot an encore, and a Knight long range hunter side by side? Just kinda curious which one would group better at long ranges. Ya I know it all depends on the load, just kinda wondering if one was built with better tolerances or not and does the prohunter and the regular encore have the same barrel?

You have already hit the nail on the head. Each gun is different.

I have used the Encore ever since it came out. Mine is a legit 1 MOA gun and I have killed deer with the 250 shockwaves and 777 out to 189 yards.

I just got the new duplex PR bullets prbullets.com that are supposed to be the flatest around. Plus their website offers a lot of tweaks and lessons learned for all muzzleloaders, particularily the encore.

Personally, if your encore is shooting decent, what are you going to gain my buying the KNight, less than .5 MOA. Is it worth it?

Now if you are talking one of the new $2000 super LT Ultimate Muzzleloader or Bad Bull muzzleloaders then that is another story.

BH

Knight LRH

I have done exactly what you described. IMO the Encore (as far as accuracy is concerned) does not stand up to the long range hunting. We have two of the long range hunting's. They are awesome. With the Leupold B&C reticle they are dead on out to 225 yards. I have had some success with the Encore's, but have personally had bad results also. I have also seen several other people have problem's with the Encore. I have a good friend who shot his Encore for two weeks, and could not get it to shoot properly. He took the Pro Hunter back to Cabela's in Wheeling, WV and purchased a new Knight long range hunting. Two range sessions and bingo. He killed a beautiful 10 point in Illinois this year at 210 yards, with complete confidence.

The downfall to the LRH is that it takes two more minutes to clean.

Personally I prefer the Disc. I think the priming on the Encore is part of the Encore problem. There has to be some blowback(at least the primer) to the breech face when you close the action. Tom.

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0397-1.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.