Gun Cleaning Equipment Advice??

95huskers

I am just starting out in the long range shooting game and am in need of some good gun cleaning supplies. What would you guys say I will need in order to do the job correctly? I'm on a bit of a budget but not restricted to the lowest quality equipment either. Thanks in advance for the help!

I am just starting out in the long range shooting game and am in need of some good gun cleaning supplies. What would you guys say I will need in order to do the job correctly? I'm on a bit of a budget but not restricted to the lowest quality equipment either. Thanks in advance for the help!
Good one piece rod, preferably composite or coated, standard jags and nylong brushes.

Wipe out or Gunslick Foaming bore cleaner.

Berryman's carburetor cleaner to remove Carbon.

Good bore guide.

I'll 2nd the good rod. I use Tiptons but lots of guys make good ones. I like bore tech's Cu+2 copper solvent. Their eliminator is pretty good too, but I think Cu+2 works better. Lucas bore guides are good too.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.