GS Custom bullets

Steve,
I've shot a couple of animals with the GS 150gr (1 in 10 twist 308 win). Never managed to recover any bullets. Quality of the bullets are good, and they grouped really well in my 308Win (under 1/2 MOA) from standard Rem.

Only "mishap" I had was when I shot an impala(100 pound antelope) at about 12 yards on the shoulder (long story as to why shoulder and not head). The bullet glanced off a rib and ran the length of the body just under the skin. According to GS it was as a result of the bullet not yet stabilized. Shot numerous animals from 60 pounds up to 250 pounds with no problems. Full penetration shoulder to shoulder.

Moved to SMK's for better BC's and reliable data from Sierra Infinity program.

[ QUOTE ]
Mach V,

They don't really expand...you will be disappointed by their looks from wet telephone books. Basically they become flat nose bullets upon entry.

This is not a bad thing as it's speed and disruption cause massive internal bleeding without the bloodshot meat from fragmentation. GEt an accurate load and use them on game...the only real test.

Kyle

[/ QUOTE ]

I tested them and I can tell you this. 2 416 caliber 330 grain made a mess out of things on a antelope at 452 yards and at 277 yards. I had to pull one bullet and the kinetic bullet puller deformed this bullet! A lot softeer than the barnes x. I was talking to Gerard and he related some expand down to 1200 fps. I believe him. That's how soft they are.

Baylor,
I ordered from this guy about 3 months ago. It sounds like his shipment is stuck in customs. 3 weeks ago he sent me a note saying they were supposed to clear customs. Still have not seen them. I think it would have been easier to order from South Africa.
Steve

Bj....Unless things have changed, he orders them from GS after you place your order. His communication sucks!!! Sent him an email about having GS in stock....took forever for him to say "NO"

If you want them....order from GS and use Air mail.

Kyle

The comunication is definately bad. He told me a month or so ago that this order that has been stuck in customs was his first order, and thats why he didn't have any in stock.
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.