ground blind encore pistol rest

pres58

I have a encore pistol in 30-06. I hunt from a ground blind and looking for a way to either make or buy a rest for my blind. If there are any companys that make such a rest. Any information would be helpful.

Make your own from a camera tripod. My opinion for handguns is the need for front and rear support. If you are shooting short distance it may seem unnecessary, but it is absolutely required for longer distance. You can build a good one using a piece of aluminum or wood about 4" in width and whatever length fits you handgun. Fix it so the mount screw on the tripod firmly holds the platform and put a front bag on it and your good to go. I use the front bags with poly beads (not sand) to control weight. Very portable and adjustable. Good luck!!

Bog Pod may be the answer

I have a bog pod that I use for rifle hunting prairie dogs. I have now just purchased a tc encore pistol in 308 and want to use it for deer as Minnesota considers this a legal handgun and can be used in the slug zones where I hunt. I was shocked that MN would allow this. Just about everything cool is illegal here. Anyway, I was watching a video that showed this woman shooting an encore from a bog pod rest, but it had an attachment you add to your bog pod to rest a pistol. I've attached a a link so you can check it out. It looks pretty slick. If you put it on one of the bog pod tripods it should be very steady for the longer shots. I know that my tripod is rock solid and quality built. I'm going to get one and try it this fall. Good luck.

BOGgear.com - Home of the BOG-POD Shooting Sticks!

there is a company that makes a folding chair that swivels and has a post that come up between your legs. it's made for rifle hunters but you can make a platform for your pistol and swivel from window to window in your blind like the turret on a tank. this is my set up shooting an encore in 300 whisper (legal in IL.)

I've got two buddies that use chairs like that for prairie dogs. They do work pretty well. If you put a rest for the rear of the pistol on that, I bet you could takes soime pretty long shots. The downside is that they are quite heavy. If you don't have to lug it too far, it would be awesome.

I use a Stoney Point PoleCat ConvertaPod System. It is a bipod with a third leg that attaches to one of the legs of the bipod and will adjust up and down on that leg and it makes a tripod. It has a V-yoke to lay the forearm into. The one that I have height adjust from 16" to 38". I shoot with it sitting or kneeling. I spread the bipod legs and adjust the height I want and place it the distance away from me to where I am comfortable while placing the forearm in the V-yoke. I take the third leg that attaches to the bipod and lower it down the right leg a few inches and because it has a swivel joint I raise this leg up and extend it long enough so it can lay on top of my right shoulder close to my neck. I then wrap my right shooting arm around this leg resting it and my wrist on this leg while griping my Contender pistol with it's forearm resting in the V-yoke. I use my left hand to hold at the V-yoke to either pull toward me or push away from me the rig to raise or lower my elevation while sighting. It is really solid, handles quickly and is light weight and can be used any place. Midway Product # 750-128 They also make one that is taller. It goes from 25" to 62".

take a good look at the new ghost blind. it looks like it would work well for a pistol hunter. i am a pistol hunter and i think it would work

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.