Groove Bullets

Dave,

I sent out 50 bullets - the original order was for 25 bullets.

You have to be happy with 1/4" groups, I would think.

I didn't realize until recently that the smith that is doing your work is the same smith that I have corresponded with recently. He seems like a very nice fellow and has added information to our forum.

I wish you all the best.

crow,

It will be interesting to see how you make out and thanks.

Don
smile.gif

My mistake I thought we ordered 50 I do appreciate you sending the extra .. you know they say memory is the second thing to go. My problem is I can't remember what the first was... anyway I will be ordering more soon
Thanks so Much !!
Dave

Dave,

I think we all suffer from CRS from time to time, no problem.
smile.gif

I see where your gunsmith shot a .225" group (5 shots) with your 300 RUM using the 159gr EXP Groove Bullets. You have to be happy with those results.

Keep us informed.

Don

Actually, Groove Bullets have "Grooves" where as the bullet you are talking about have "bumps". Using Groove Bullets one can get close to the lands. With the brand you mentioned that isn't possible.

I just returned from Africa last night and will be posting my results on animals taken.

Don
smile.gif

I see what you are talking about. The grooves seem like a better design. They look more durable. And you can get them on the lands like you said.
I came across these bullets last night while doing some research, and I must say I am very excited!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.