Grip n pull experiences?

Elkhunter1983

Just seeing if anyone else has experience with them. I have pulled a few now with mine and it marks up my bullets just as bad as a collet puller. If i dont grip the bullets firm enough to put marks in them, it slips off of the bullet. Back to the messy hammer I guess.

Interesting. I've always used a kinetic puller but was considering one. I'll just keep on doing it the old school way....
Besides, wacking it on the table relieves anxiety....:D

I googled what you boys are talking about. I made something like that for myself, but wit only one 6.5mm hole. If they slip, they mark. It they come out they don't mark.

Definitely a tool you have to get a feel for. I have had some of the same issues trying to pull factory loads. Most of my loads though use bushing dies and a bit lighter neck tension. They pull quickly and easily.

I use it often, had to do this on 50+ 215 bergers recently, they were "marked" from the grip n pull.

Shot yesterday at 1077 6 out of 9 shots a at 1 1/2 MOA. i'd say they shoot just fine bruised up.

I realize my bullets might have less pull than others. I sanded a .270 expander down to .2635" for neck sizing my cases. (It took an hour.) The cases spring back about .002" so there's not a lot of grip; although I still have to get a full fisted grip on the clamp to pull the bullets.

I have pulled a few with mine. Don't often need it. I use those rejects for fouling rounds.

It does mark up the bullets and you certainly have to use a very firm grip but I like in better than the kinetic.

I have the RCBS collet style puller and it works so good without any harm to bullets that I will not be trying anything else in the future.

I have the RCBS collet style puller and it works so good without any harm to bullets that I will not be trying anything else in the future.
I have pulled a few with mine. Don't often need it. I use those rejects for fouling rounds.

It does mark up the bullets and you certainly have to use a very firm grip but I like in better than the kinetic.

Being me - a completely bonkers tool junkie, I have all three: Collet type, Kinetic type and Grip n Pull.

I use them for different situations.

The Grip n Pull is a very nice tool. I use this if it is more important to save the charge in the cartridge than the bullet.

I have made one modification: Plasti-Dip the handles. While the bead blast finish and radius on the part of the tool that contacts the bullet is supper cool. On the hand that has to have a very firm grip, not so much.

Here's a run down on when I use each type.

Mass bullet pulling, collet.
Single bullet pulling, preserve the bullet, kinetic.
Single bullet pulling, preserve the charge, Grip n Pull.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.