Greybull or HS ??

Tikkamike

I need to buy a stock for my 338 lapua build. I am torn between the greybull and the HS sendero style stock. My price range is about maxed out with these. Any opinions on either? I am also open to a b&c medalist.

Don't know much about the Greybull, but you can pick up a used HS stock for $200.00 and they are a great stock for the money.
Skim coat bed it and your good to go.

I have held the Greybull in my hands. It is a great design, I really like it a LOT.

I like the idea of the greybull. To me it looks like a nice balance. Between the look a d feel of a sporter and tactical. I'm just hoping for a few opinions. Thanks guys

I am not positive but I think the Greybull stock is made by HS. I have a couple of HS stocks and they are A+ quality and fit. I just received a B&C Medalist Varmint/Tactical and it is an A- for quality and fit. Very easy to make them A+ with a little work. One advantage to the B&C stock is if you are shooting a heavy recoiling cartridge you can get the stock with a Mercury Recoil Reducer installed.

Our stocks are molded and finished at Bell & Carlson. The design is ours but they have been doing a great job meeting our specs on the whole process. If you decide to go with ours, just give us a shout and you can return it if its not what you are after. So far its been a hit.

We've swapped a bunch of Senderos out for local guys so we probably have a couple used Sendero stocks laying around that haven't hit ebay yet if you end up looking for one.

Last edited:
You will not be disappointed with the GBP stock, I have had a good amount of time behind one mounted to a 7mm Rem Mag. They are the perfect mix between hunting and a tactical stock in my opinion. I am currently in the process of getting two of them to replace my B&C Tactical Medalist stocks. Very nice stocks especially if you like the vertical grip on stocks.

Here's a few quick pics. We are working on adding some more pics with different angles to the web site this week. You can see the rear pillar has a bit of goo left over from the finishing process. It peels right off and should be removed before installing if present..

StockPalmSwell.jpg
[/IMG]
StockBeddingBlock.jpg
[/IMG]
StockcolorsWeb.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts