Greetings

TC in Wallowa

Just thought I would say hello to all.
Just found this site and find it very informative.
Nice to see others share the same interests.

As for me im 34, machinsist/gunsmith and have been long range hunting for half my life. My grandfather taught me everything I needed to know to make clean one shot kills out to 800 yards. I wish he was still around to see what I have done to a couple of his rifles he willed to me!!

Mostly hunt deer in the high desert of central Oregon, and Rocky Mountail Elk up in the Hells Canyon area of Oregon. So far my farthest shot on a 5x5 bull elk was 765 yards with my custom built 6.5-06 Ackley Improved with a vintage Baush & Lomb Balvar 24. Bull was standing broadside across the canyon from me. I had been waiting for him for 6 hours! Had a nice steady rest set up. One shot through the heart, and he took 3 steps and fell dead. Took me the next 2 days to pack him out!

Well its good to find a site dedicated to long range hunting and shooting.

HELLO TO ALL,
Tim

Tim

Your elk experience must have been thrilling. Isn't it great when a long range hunting plan works. Welcome.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.