Greetings to All

Rods

Hi, i just signed up to this forum, and I'm xcited. hoping to find and share info on PRACTICAL LONG RANGE SHOOTING, I've put thosewords in upper case, not because i am shouting but to the point I want to share real experiences not some one elses fantasy!
At the moment I'm building my own rifle, ( by which i mean assembling components from various manufacturers). So far I have a McMillan A5 and Kreiger 32" Palma contour barrel in 9.5 twist for .338 Norma 165 grain jacketed hollow points. so far has cost almost 2500.00 australian dollars. Next is the action. This is where I would like input from all you guys and gal's. What do you think would be a great action for this special build?
Regards to all

Welcome aboard.

Hopefully one of your down under mates will chime in on what actions are readily available locally.

What is the A-5 inletted for. If remmy, a remmy or a remmy clone would fit nicely. Just a thought.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Thank you for your reply. We are fortunate in australia that we are ableto purchase from USA easily. I was thinking of a Stiller .338 action, however i'm very open to other suggestions?
Fortunately there is no rush to complete this project as I have other firearms that are variously suited. .338 lapua Barrett conversion and a beautiful .308 Sako. The Sako i've used in Palma comps here, did not do so well, worse than I expected. What are you guy;s using for long distance target aquisition? I'm always interest in the other guys toys!

Thanks for your sharing information about long range practical shooting. I read it carefully.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts