Greetings from Ontario

sliceman

Hello, all- I have been reading this site quite a while, and it has been quite an education. I don't pretend to understand it all, and hope to get some answers to what I am sure most of you consider basic long range shooting questions.

Living in the east means most shots at game are fairly short, under 250 yds.Recently I was caribou hunting where distances can be much longer, so I want to prepare for possible longer shots the next time I go, equipment and technique-wise. I do not envision taking 1000yd shots, but rather want to prepare for up to 500 yd shots, which is about my upper limit considering the residual energy of the bullet out of my 7mm-08. I have bought one of the new Model 54 Coopers in this caliber, nice and light at 6.5 lbs, and purported to be very accurate, with a factory accuracy guarantee of 0.5 inches at 100 yds. I plan to reload for this rifle and will be setting that up as well. Right now I am debating which scope to put on it, and will ask those questions in the appropriate forum.

I am looking forward to learning what the members have to say or suggest in this regard.

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.